Populate attribute values?

Subject: Populate attribute values?
From: "Medina, Edward" <emedina@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 11:04:17 -0400

Heelllo Nurse!
My question is concerning attribute values.  Is it possible to populate an
attribute value with a
file which contains a list of n values?  What I want to do is have the
person authoring the
document, to enter a trigraph value according to his document and the value
would be as
an enumerated list from an extensive list of trigraph values.  I know that I
can use
the Entity to do this, but I didn't want to do that (or better yet, my boss
didn't).
I think the best method would be to use an Entity.  Anyone has an idea how
do this?

DTD

<!ENTITY % trigraph"
attribute (AAA|AAB|AAC|AAD|AAE|AAF|...