"Translate function"

Subject: "Translate function"
From: "Selva, Francis" <Francis.Selva@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 09:26:50 -0700

Im trying to translate a character to another.I dont know what's wrong with
this code though

?xml version='1.0'?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl='http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform'
version="1.0">

<xsl:template match="/">
<xsl:apply-templates select="//text"/>
</xsl:template>
<xsl:template match="text">
<xsl:value-of select="."/>
<xsl:value-of select="translate(., 'b', 'c')"/>
</xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

and my xml file is

<?xml version='1.0'?>
<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="eg2.xsl"?>
<xsltest>
<text>aaabaaa</text>
</xsltest>

Im still trying all the basic functions.Im way behind some of the guys who
are regulars here(like Mike,David,Eddy,Linda) :)

One more question.Im using a tool called xml writer from wattle
software.They have options to run xml in a window in the tool or the
browser.Should I try using saxon from now?.Cause I was one of those people
who asked questions about IE5.But honestly I didnt know that they had 2
different xsl till I joined this group and someone helped me here.So there
can be someone like me who may questions without knowing.So as Linda said
probably we can have link to help those people.

Can anyone give me a quick help tips for using saxon?.

Thanx,
Francis