Re: Formating to text

Subject: Re: Formating to text
From: Steve Tinney <stinney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 01:20:44 -0500

> I am trying to find a simple solution to format a XML document
> (XMLNews-Story) to raw text while preserving some presentation such as
> paragraphs, lists and indentation.

It seems to me that you should be able to get what you need by using the
text output method, either directly, or from your transformed version
(which I think does not increment indent correctly, but perhaps I am
misunderstanding).

There is no mysterious issue here; you just want to control line-breaks
and spacing.  See the faq for the various ways of ensuring tight control
over input and output whitespace.

 Steve