Re: recursion and looping

Subject: Re: recursion and looping
From: lachance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Francois Lachance)
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 15:51:20 -0500 (EST)

Splendid

Phil's solution is just the "stopper" i was looking for.

> <xsl:if test="$nodes">
> <!-- i.e. "are there any nodes that haven't been handled yet?";
> whereas "not($nextset='')" is true when there are no nodes in $nextset that
> have a string value of '' - which looks like why you're getting infinite
> recursion (it's true for the empty node-set) -->

I leave to some other day I tackling the problem of generalizing the
solution to attribute values that are not numerically incremental in the
XML file to be transformed. Sebastian Rahtz solution using XT's node-set
extension (found under "grouping and sorting" in the FAQ was very
useful in guiding my steps to the point where Phil Lanch's proposal
came to the rescue.

Thanks

--
Francois Lachance