Re: possible to mimic while-like behavior?

Subject: Re: possible to mimic while-like behavior?
From: crism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx (Christopher R. Maden)
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 00:51:33 -0800

[Jonathan Borden]
>Chris, if you wish to process a string, you will find that the type of
>solution provided by Mike Brown is needed.

Good point.  DSSSL has a similar problem to XSLT in that respect, and I've
written some exceedingly hairy code to process strings this way.  Recursive
template calls with parameters are really the only way to do that.  It
would be nice if XSLT 2.0 had built-in string processing functions, but
it's not clear what effect that would have on implementability.

-Chris

--
Christopher R. Maden, Solutions Architect
Yomu (formerly Exemplary Technologies)