Re: Variables and constants

Subject: Re: Variables and constants
From: Paul Tchistopolskii <paul@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 14:59:16 -0800

> Come to think about it, doesn't <xsl:for-each> also fit the same bill? I
> can't see why <xsl:apply-templates> + modes can't accomplish the same things
> that <xsl:for-each> can.

For example, because  xsl:for-each could not be replaced with
xsl:apply-templates in the situation when XSLT stylesheet is
invoked in a 'HTML-templatish' ( *very handy* ) mode.

( When root element of the stylesheet is

XSLT is a mix of many different technologies and my prediction is
that  XSLT as we know it at the moment is not the end of the story.

Verbosity, lack of streaming, lack of 'updatable variables' ( even
masqueraded with xt:node-set ) and some other issues will never
disappear.

Rgds.Paul.