Re: Which one to choose

Subject: Re: Which one to choose
From: Bob Lord <rlord@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 09:34:04 -0800

Hmmm, well serving a couple of contiguous pages directly out of the filesystem cache is pretty attractive versus any significant amount of query processing in a rdb to get the same result. Certainly you won't *always* lose on performance.

I readily admit there are applications for which serving everything hot out of the rdb is optimum, but not for every application. As usual, you should use the right tool for the job.

  -- Bob