Problem with entities and XT

Subject: Problem with entities and XT
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 15:03:58 -0500

Hi,

I am having difficulties with XT and entities translation.

the orginal XML document includes entities like:

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;

I included a the beginning of the document a DOCTYPE so that it can be
parsed by an XML parser. The XML document is parsed OK. So far so good.

Now, I declared a doctype for the xsl:stylesheet as follow:

<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet[
<!ENTITY % HTMLlat1 PUBLIC
   "-//W3C//ENTITIES Latin 1 for XHTML//EN"
   "xhtml-lat1.ent">
%HTMLlat1

<!ENTITY % HTMLsymbol PUBLIC
   "-//W3C//ENTITIES Symbols for XHTML//EN"
   "xhtml-symbol.ent">
%HTMLsymbol;

<!ENTITY % HTMLspecial PUBLIC
   "-//W3C//ENTITIES Special for XHTML//EN"
   "xhtml-special.ent">
%HTMLspecial;
]>

<xsl:stylesheet
		xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink/namespace/"
		xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"
		version="1.0">
<xsl:stylesheet>

All the &nbsp; from the orginal XML document are translated by XT into

Hypothesis:
a) Something is wrong in my style sheet
b) James Clark embedded a joker in XT
c) there is a bug in XT
d) I am too tired and I should go to sleep :-)

Cheers
Didier PH Martin