Re: Acceding to the system

Subject: Re: Acceding to the system
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 12:58:38 GMT

> but I do not
> know if you can do it from the XSL file.

given just the info you posted, you'd have to use an extension function.
Most (all?) java implementations of xsl allow you to call java classes
as extension functions, so that you could essentially query the
filesystem to find out which file exists.

you'd need to say which processor you are using as access is processor
dependent, and also I'll leave someone else to suggest the best java
mechanisms (java isn't really my thing, too many side effects:-)

Alternatively if you make the information available _somehow_ as an xml
file so xsl can see it (eg by making an xml format directory listing
available via document())

David