Re: how to influence dtd processing?

Subject: Re: how to influence dtd processing?
From: Steve Tinney <stinney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2000 19:55:59 -0500

I think this is difficult to do in the way you want with an XSL
processor.  The processor is dependent on its XML parser, and doesn't
even see the DTD.

Do you need the full DTD for XSL processing, and is it possible for you
to separate validation and processing for this application?  Perhaps you
could do validation with the full DTD, and XSL processing with a partial
one, listing, say, only the ID and namespace attributes?

A good way of doing this with SGML is to use different catalogs for
different purposes; this is more or less what you express a desire for
with setting different paths.  Perhaps you can find an XML parser that
implements the SAX api and also understands some form of catalog, and
integrate that appropriately (presumably by writing a Java class that
sets up the parser with the appropriate catalogs and then passes that to
XT)?

This is not really an XSL question, on reflection.

 Steve