Re: Comments, and entities

Subject: Re: Comments, and entities
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 16:27:01 GMT

> I've tried the following under XT (latest
> version), but it produces no output...

AN XML parser is at liberty to discard comments (that's why they are
called comments) If the parser does discard them then they are gone
before xsl gets a chance to match against them. If they are not
discarded, the syntax you quoted should work.

For xt you can tell it to use a non standard sax extension that keeps
comments by using the following switch on your java call

-Dcom.jclark.xsl.sax.parser=com.jclark.xml.sax.CommentDriver

> Also, is there a way to determine if a document contains an
> entity reference?
They are expanded by the XML parser so they are not in the source tree
that XSL sees, even if they were in the original file.

David