Re: Dynamically specifying the DTD

Subject: Re: Dynamically specifying the DTD
From: Jingwen Wang <wang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 06:34:34 -0500 (EST)

Hi Marco, I think what ross really want is "Macro" :-)
Forgive me,
you can define <!ENTITY % X Y>,
which is aliasing X to Y to reuse Y's definition.
But also keep X's name to be content related.

The only problem is that you can not aliasing directly
like this <!ELEMENT A  (B, C, %X; )>.
Actually you might have to do it in two seperate steps.
Is that right ross?

Thanks!
Gene

Marco.Mistroni@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

  hi ross,
           you have to do like this:

  - specify the DTD in an external file(say 'foo.dtd')
  - parse the document with a parser that allows you to add a <!DOCTYPE to an
  XML file (the drawback, however, is that  you must parse the document only
  for adding the DTD)...

  but if you can tell me what you want to do in detail i can help u in a
  better way...
  anyway the idea is to create an external DTD to addto an XML file
  regards
          marco

Jingwen "Gene" Wang
Sr. Software engineer