RE:conformance

Subject: RE:conformance
From: "G. Ken Holman" <gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 19:16:35 -0800

At 99/11/30 15:23 +0000, David_Marston@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Mike Kay asks:
Is anyone out there thinking of writing a conformance test suite? We need
one.

The LotusXSL Team has a rather large test suite. It's being reorganized
right now. Suggestions are welcome.

I used to chair the OASIS XML Conformance Subcommittee and I will be meeting with the OASIS folks again next week during our member meetings regarding the interest in an XSLT Conformance Test Suite (either from a new OASIS working group or within the established XML conformance group).

One issue that impacted my personal involvement in the XML conformance committee was lack of funding ... when I stepped down and was ably replaced by a funded resource (her company included the activity as part of her duties) things happened a lot more quickly. We've learned a lot from Mary and I would propose setting up the XSLT similarly (that is, developing a test harness in conjunction with the tests themselves).

I'll be canvassing the OASIS membership for funding assistance for my personal involvement in an "OASIS XSLT Conformance Test Suite" if there is interest in doing something in this area.

I'll post to the list the results of what happens next week.

--
G. Ken Holman                    mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Crane Softwrights Ltd.             http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/