RE: FOP from XT?

Subject: RE: FOP from XT?
From: "Richard Lander" <rlander@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 07:51:28 -0500

 James,

I guess at worse I could export the subtrees to my file system, generate a
batch file that ran fop on the generated subtrees, and then run the batch
file, which would also delete the subtrees when I was done. I'd like to make
the process as automatic as possible. That process seems reasonable to me.

Given that I was to convert several subtrees to PDF, it makes more sense to
me to work from XT. Since FOP is one-pdf-at-a-time (is that right?), I would
not have a way of knowing which trees to work on.

Hmmm ... how about generating that batch file, as described above, but
instead of exporting the subtrees to the file system, just including the
XPath path of each subtree in the batch file. That way, I could run XT from
the FOP commandline and grab the appropriate subtree for FOP. Does XT have
to export the tree to the filesystem, or does it just pass it in memory to
FOP?

I've been looking at the XML-Apache site and am impressed. Congratulations
and good work on donating FOP to the cause. I'm sure that it will be
well-used and enjoyed. I look forward to testing out the first version in
which it all works together.

Thanks,

Richard.