Intercepting multiple output documents

Subject: Intercepting multiple output documents
From: Diarmuid Mac Carthy <Diarmuid@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 17:19:06 -0000

Hi,

We're investigating the possibility of using James Clarke's XT processor as
a component in a larger XSLT application.  One key requirement we have is
support for multiple output documents, which is provided for in XT at the
expense of having to output to files rather than standard output.

Is there any way of hooking into the XT processor to intercept this output
as a stream for use in later processing?  We'd rather not have to dump
things to files only to read them in again immediately.

Assuming you can hook into the output stream in this fashion, I can still
foresee problems.  For example, if the output comes through a single writer
stream which writes one file stream, then the other, I expect problems
trying to identify the end of one and the start of another document.  Is
this the case, or is there an output stream created for each file specified?

I hope this is an easy one :-)  I've searched through the archives but
couldn't find anything resembling our problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Diarmuid Mac Carthy