Dates and XSL

Subject: Dates and XSL
From: "Jon Smirl" <jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 14:44:47 -0500

What's the best way to deal with dates? When my dates come out of the
database they look like: 1999-10-29 13:00:00.0.  When displaying this date I
want to either show October or pick October from a dropdown menu so this
means I have to break apart the date. I also need to reorder it depending on
the display format.

Should I break it apart at XML generation time into
apart with the XSL substring function? It's clear to me that XSL should have
date support built in.

I'm not happy with any of the solutions I've come up with, does anyone have
any better ideas?

Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx