RE: Using xt with IIS and ASP

Subject: RE: Using xt with IIS and ASP
From: Kay Michael <Michael.Kay@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 10:20:27 +0100

> A note was posted to this mail list a week or so ago, showing
> stats that logusXSL and XT has similar performance for small documents,
but that
> lotusXSL very quickly exploded in processing time for large
> documents.  XT, on the other hand, had relatively good linear scalability.
> assume this is due to the fact that lotusXSL uses DOM for internal data
> structures, whereas XT is based on a leaner design.  I'd be very
interested in others'
> experience with DOM vs non-DOM implementations of XSL processors.

No, you can't make such assumptions from a single benchmark of a single
stylesheet. The distinguishing feature of this particular stylesheet was
that it performed a union of two large node-sets, and the only inferences
you can draw are about the way the two products implement the union
operator.

Mike Kay