Re: XSL:FO: Left ... Center ... Right

Subject: Re: XSL:FO: Left ... Center ... Right
From: "Sebastian Rahtz" <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 21:05:38 +0100 (BST)

Steve Schafer writes:
 > You can also do it with space-after and/or space-before, although I

as in

<fo:inline-sequence
 space-before="0pt"
 space-after-maximum="1000pt"
 space-after-minimum="0pt">Left</inline-sequence>

etc? but the space-after/before characteristics apply just to blocks, surely?
can you show how you would mark it up?

 > think it would make more sense in the long run for XSL to use a model
 > more along the lines of TeX's notion of "infinite stretchability" of

you mean "space-after='hfil'", as it were?

It does bother me that four people can suggest four different ways of
solving the same (simple) problem. Of course that is always going to
happen...

It bothers me even more to read phrases like "in the long run". This
is pretty core stuff -- it surely needs to be clear in XSL FO 1.0?

Sebastian