XSL, XPath and DOM2

Subject: XSL, XPath and DOM2
From: "Jon Smirl" <jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 23:58:29 -0400

Right now all of the XSL processors I'm working with take SAX events as
input and build their own private DOM trees. Is DOM2 full-featured enough to
avoid this? For example I started reading though the DOM2 looking for an
XPath query ability, like what xsl:for-each uses, but I couldn't find one.
I had expected DOM2 to contain many of the methods needed to implement XSL.

I'm not privy to the inner workings of the W3C. Does anyone care the comment
on how XSL, XPath and DOM2 are going to work together?

Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx