Re: select-distinct in for-each ?

Subject: Re: select-distinct in for-each ?
From: Edd Dumbill <edd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 13:10:22 +0000

On Mon, Oct 04, 1999 at 06:39:27PM +0100, Kay Michael wrote:
> > Actually the improvement I'd _really_ like to see in the area
> > of sorting is getting the sorted tree back to run templates over again.
> > I think you said you had an extension function to coerce result tree
> > fragments back to node lists didn't you?
> >
> Yes, coming in the next version. I haven't done much playing with it but
> there's lots of potential.

There certainly is.  I've tried asking on this list about this issue
twice now but to little avail.  Is it likely to be looked upon as a Bad
Thing?

I guess it raises the spectre of XSLT sheets not only describing the
transformation but also the generation of the source data.

> Mike

Thanks

Edd

--
Edd Dumbill ------/ a new media consultant, writer & technologist /--
 | Publishing Editor, xmlhack.com                <http://xmlhack.com>
 | Director, Useful Information Company        <http://usefulinc.com>
 : Internet Director, Pharmalicensing    <http://pharmalicensing.com>
 : UK voice/msg: +44 702-093-6870            UK fax: +44 870-164-0230