Re: Announcing yet another XSLT-based presentation publisher

Subject: Re: Announcing yet another XSLT-based presentation publisher
From: "James Tauber" <jtauber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 23:09:24 +0800

> As has been observed several times (most recently in a posting to this
list:
> http://www.mulberrytech.com/xsl/xsl-list/archive/msg06498.html) ,
generation of HTML slides from XML source
> is a good showcase for XSLT (and DSSSL) as an alternative to presentation
software like Powerpoint.  I've
> created a page with pointers to some of this work, and to my own XSLT
stylesheets at
> http://home.multiweb.net/~pvde/slidesh.htm

Not just HTML slides. Attendees of the XML Developers' Conference[1] got to
see PDF slides[2] produced by FOP[3]. They even included an SVG diagram.

Anyone interested in learning XSL FOs should consider as an exercise writing
an XSL FO stylesheet for presentations following Pim's presentation DTD[4]

James

[1] http://metalab.unc.edu/bosak/conf/xmldev99/
[2] http://metalab.unc.edu/bosak/conf/xmldev99/tauber/tauber.pdf
[3] http://www.jtauber.com/fop/