Re: properties for region-X

Subject: Re: properties for region-X
From: Stephen Deach <sdeach@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 08:44:55 -0700

I the April Draft, we did not include common-margin-properties on the 4
"side" regions, only on body-region. The assumption was that the page-level
margins could be used to get the outsides of the surrounding regions
positioned and the body's margins to get the separation between the
surrounding regions and the body-region. (We wanted to avoid the
interactions between touching/overlapping margins.)

At 17:27 1999-09-20 +0200, you wrote:

>> Hello everybody,
>>
>> in the ATTLIST ( of the XSL WD) for region-before, region- ..... I can't
>> see
>> the properties
>>
>> margin-left
>> margin-right
>>
>> James Tauber in his FOP and Paul Tchistopolskii in FO2PDF
>> (www.renderX.com)
>> have used these properties in their examples.
>>
>> Can I use margin properties in a region that isn't region-body ?
>>
>> Bye.

This e-mail reflects the opinion of the Editor of the XSL (formatting
   objects) Specification. This is my interpretation of the
   current (majority) opinion of the portion of the XSL-WG that
   is working on formatting objects. It may not reflect the opinions
   of all members of the XSL-WG or even of all members of the portion
   of the WG that is working on the formatting objects. It is subject
   to change.
Unless explicitly so stated in the text, it does not represent an
official position of Adobe Systems, Inc.
  Stephen Deach                       |  Sr Computer Scientist
  408-536-6521 (office)               |  Adobe Systems Inc.
  408-537-4214 (fax)                  |  Mail Stop E15-420
  sdeach@xxxxxxxxx                    |  345 Park Ave
  xsl-editors@xxxxxx                  |  San Jose, CA 95110-2704