RE: What will be the future improvements of XSLT?

Subject: RE: What will be the future improvements of XSLT?
From: DPawson@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 11:24:24 +0100

: David Carlisle wrote:

>> 2, Sorting of elements according
>This is one area where I think XSL is weak, not because of the
>declarative nature, but because you can't reuse the result tree,
>it is hard to do sorting and processing at the same time.
>(see the recent question about sorting data and grouping into table
>rows)

Isn't this a repeating problem that needs to be addressed
by the editors?

If they have valid reasons for not permitting re-use of the
result tree, then how about some other (ephemeral?)
intermediate form that could be used to achieve the
end result?

It would appear that there is a valid customer driven
need, come on editors, how about it?

Regards, DaveP