Re: What will be the future improvements of XSLT?

Subject: Re: What will be the future improvements of XSLT?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 11:05:13 +0100 (BST)

> Have I missed something? How do you tell xslt to ignore a namespace?

Actually i got that wrong, It _always_ ignores stuff from other
namespaces.

http://www.w3.org/1999/08/WD-xslt-19990813

says

     In addition, the xsl:stylesheet element may contain any element not
     from the XSLT namespace, provided that the expanded name of the
     element has a non-null namespace URI. The presence of such
     top-level elements must not change the behavior of XSLT elements
     and functions defined in this document; for example, it would not
     be permitted for such a top-level element to specify that
     xsl:apply-templates was to use different rules to resolve
     conflicts. Thus, an XSLT processor is always free to ignore such
     top-level elements, and must ignore a top-level element without
     giving an error if it does not recognize the namespace URI. Such
     elements can provide, for example,

        information used by extension elements or extension functions
        (see [14 Extensions]),

        information about what to do with the result tree,

        information about how to obtain the source tree,

        structured documentation for the stylesheet.

The last point being the one I was trying to refer to.

David