RE: DOCTYPE and

Subject: RE: DOCTYPE and <xsl:preserve-space>
From: Mike Brown <mbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 12:17:53 -0600

> how do you place the DOCTYPE value at the top? I've tried
> encapsulating the area with CDATA[] yet that didn't work.

If the <!DOCTYPE> has only SYSTEM and/or PUBLIC identifiers, the working
draft says you should be able to do this:

 <xsl:output method="xml" doctype-system="someURI"
doctype-public="someIdentifier"/>

However...

> I am using the latest xt.exe from http://www.jclark.com/xml/xt.html

The release notes at this URL say that doctype-system and doctype-public are
not yet implemented in XT. :)

If I were you, I'd do this:

 <xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"/>
 <xsl:template ...>
     <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes"><![CDATA[<!DOCTYPE
foo>]]>&#xA;</xsl:text>

> > Also I was curious if anyone was able to have the
> > latest version of James Clarks XT to do indent-result
> > properly. I keep getting all tags together in my output.
>
> You'll need to provide a code sample. There are several possible
> explanations.

There's actually no such thing as indent-result anymore. It's indent="yes"
in the xsl:output element. This is mentioned in
http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#section-Changes-from-Previous-Public-Working-Draft
. (Sorry I didn't catch this earlier). By code sample I meant your XSL, not
the output. I think if you use indent="yes", it'll work.