Re: flex/bison based xpath parser

Subject: Re: flex/bison based xpath parser
From: zun@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 18:13:35 -0400 (EWT)

Hi Joerg,

On Mon, 23 Aug 1999, Joerg Brunsmann wrote:

> out of curiosity I built a lex/yacc based implementation of the xpath
> grammar which might be of use for somebody else. Use it like this:

[ snip]

Thanks for your effort Joerg!  I at least have another parser to compare
mine with, I wrote mine with Antlr in Java and will release it soon as a
Java library that evaluates XPath expressions on DOM trees and returns
result Nodes, as well as a graphical viewer utility.

> Still don't know how to handle brackets of AVTs ("{" and "}"). Am I
> missing something?

AVTs are not part of XPath but of XSLT and only should be recognized in
certain places, e.g. in attribute values of literal result elements per
section 8.6.2.  It also details treatment of double curly braces etc.
there.

So some of your test expressions is not legal XPath.  Some others seem to
be causing trouble in my parser too, so it's back to work for me!

. . . Sean.