msxml xsl import

Subject: msxml xsl import
From: Mark Puckett <markp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 11:56:01 -0700

I'm creating an intranet app using msxml and doing the conversion to HTML
via ASP and have 2 questions:

1) I'd like to be able to allow simple styling to exist in the HTML (like
<B> or <I>).  In order to do this, I've had to add these tags to my .xsl
file.  Will I really need to do this (myself) for each and every HTML tag I
want to allow to exist in the .xml files or is there some default file I can
import into my .xsl file that will allow any/all HTML to pass through?

2) I'd like to create a base .xsl file with our most basic stylings and
include them in all specific .xsl files rather than replicating the basic
stylings in all .xsl files.  I found this example in MSDN:

<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
  <!ENTITY base-stylesheet SYSTEM "base-stylesheet.xsl">
]>

<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl">
  &base-stylesheet;

  <xsl:template match="b">
    [override <xsl:value-of/>]
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

but it doesn't work.  I then noticed the editors note on the page:
"Open issue: Reevaluate since this method does not work :-( "

Is there a way to do this with MSXML 5.0?

-Mark