Re: n squared behavior with XT for 'preceding' tests?

Subject: Re: n squared behavior with XT for 'preceding' tests?
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 00:15:01 +0100 (BST)

 1. why doesn't the the second stage
       (select="from-following-siblings(hd[text()=$x])"/>)
    skip over the non-identical siblings? so if I have

it doesn't. I was going to do the second stage one step at a time as well
but there was only so long I wanted to spend on it. This simplification
I expected to be documented by the auto-commentary service that experience
shows that this list applies to my code...

> Am I confusing myself, and you, dear reader? Can I simplify

yes, you just need to use more applications of [1] (and not try doing it
at 0015 in the morning)

Perhaps I should do that as an example on Tuesday?

David