Re: stylesheets for stylesheets (was Re: Swapping table rows and columns)

Subject: Re: stylesheets for stylesheets (was Re: Swapping table rows and columns)
From: "James Tauber" <jtauber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 19:15:30 +0800

> I'm also posting this to comp.programming.literate, they'd probably be
> interested in the notion. Maybe one of the implementers of an existing
> system would consider making the switch to XML. I wish I had the time to
> investigate this on my own...

Me too. I've been thinking about XSL-based literate programming on and off
for the last year or so. At various times I've considered writing FOP in XML
and having a stylesheet produce Java source from that XML.

There was a mailing list xml-litprog-l[1] that unfortunately seems to have
gone into hibernation.

Perhaps not surprisingly, Robin Cover has collected material on the topic at
[2].

I'm not aware of any effort to use XSL for literate programming, although,
as Ken has pointed out, he has used DSSSL.

James
--
James Tauber / jtauber@xxxxxxxxxxx / www.jtauber.com
Maintainer of : www.xmlinfo.com,  www.xmlsoftware.com and www.schema.net