RE: XSLT vs JSP

Subject: RE: XSLT vs JSP
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 12:20:40 +0000 (GMT)

Didier PH Martin writes:
 > probably rely on a much simple language like CSS. XSL and DSSSL have, at
 > first sight, for most people about the same level of difficulties. Also,
 > because CSS is based on a kind of property set approach, it can be easily
 > encapsulated with a UI and therefore be more accessible to people without
 > any programming knowledge.

is true, the CSS style editor in XMetal is really rather useable. if
CSS is what you want.

take a fragment like <url doc="http://x.y.z"/>[1] and tell me how to
show the damned URL with CSS....

never mind taking  <x idref="XX"/> and replacing it with the contents
of <code id="XX">Goodbye Cruel World</code>!

sebastian

[1] so that doc can be declared as an ENTITY notation, forcing me to
store my URLs nicely somewhere