How can i parse a xml-file with xsl recursivley?

Subject: How can i parse a xml-file with xsl recursivley?
From: barbara.brosch@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 14:12:19 +0100

How can i parse a XML-file with XSL recursivley?

Hi, i'am a xsl - beginner and need your help.
I have to parse a XML-file via XSL to generate HTML.
FYI: I work with XT.

Now my problem:
My XML is based on a very generic DTD. So my XML may
be very nested (folder in folder an so on). So i have to grep
my XML step by step and have to show: what tag comes next?
Each tag has its own html-style and some tags include references
on tags listed below.

FYI: The html, that i have to produce, have to work in Netscape 3.0.

What can i do? Is there only the option to take <xsl:for-each> with
many <xsl:if> statements?

Please help. Thanks.
B.