Re: Is it possible to declare entities without a DTD

Subject: Re: Is it possible to declare entities without a DTD
From: "Kent Fitch" <kent.fitch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 13:52:47 +1000

Thanks for the suggestions - I found that with the Microsoft
XML parser I could process Lee's XML (after adding a ? to
the close of the tag on the first line...) as long as
I set the validateOnParse property of the Microsoft
XMLDOMDOcument object to 'false' - by default it is
'true' and complained that the document without the
complete DTD was not valid (although it is 'well formed')

Kent Fitch                           Ph: +61 2 6276 6711
ITS  CSIRO  Canberra  Australia      kent.fitch@xxxxxxxxxxxx