Microsoft Index Server

Subject: Microsoft Index Server
From: "Wendy Cameron" <wcam001@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 18:47:41 +1000

Has anyone used Microsoft Index Server or any other Search engine on
XML files.

If anyone has Id appreciate knowing which search engine they used
and if the did anything special to configure the search engine for
XML such as
Searching on a particular field in an XML file and or
Returning specific fields from and XML file that is in the
search results.

I know this sounds remarkably like XSL and what it does
however I have not found XSL such that it can find strings within
a field.  It can only match on the whole field.

So this then directs my attention to XQL
Has any one used XQL in an Active Server Page environment
If they have how have they achieved this.

Thanks one and all for all input

Regards Wendy