Building Factory class for XT

Subject: Building Factory class for XT
From: "Simon St.Laurent" <simonstl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 09:18:33 -0500

I'm building a simple factory class for XT so I can use it with other SAX
filters in a servlet I'm building.  XT's streamlined form lacks comments,
so I have some questions.

The basic SAX flow of events seems reasonably clear - pass XT a parser (or
something that looks like a parser) and XT will pass SAX events to the
specified handlers.

Some critical questions:

When I pass XT a parser, does it expect to use that same parser to read
style sheet information?  (That could be interesting in a filter stack, and
not a fun thing to handle.)

Does setStylesheet(InputSource sheetSource) override the style declarations
in the document, or is it just for use in cases where the document doesn't
specify a style?

I'll have more as the project develops, but these are fairly large initial
road blocks.
Simon St.Laurent
XML: A Primer
Sharing Bandwidth / Cookies