Re: template matching.. display the data

Subject: Re: template matching.. display the data
From: Marcus Carr <mrc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 09:19:22 +1100

Guy_Murphy@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I think I understand the point you are making, in which case I would
> recommend that you instigate the XSL transformation from script. That way
> you can style the XML document with the XSL document *of your choice*
> rather than the one specified in the XML document. This is also necessary
> if you want to render several different views of the same XML document.

Does anyone have a philosophical position on the wisdom of stylesheets being
written by the ultimate consumers of the data in order to impose a view that
they believe to be appropriate? I believe that determinations of how the data
can best be used should be left to one who understands the entire structure,
much the way database reports are used. Any comments?

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx