RE: need XML documents with XSL scripts for testing

Subject: RE: need XML documents with XSL scripts for testing
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 09:35:13 -0500

Hi Guy,

I should tell you that up to date, you have probably the most advanced
XML/XSL rendition application. Guy, its really a nice work!

About the test: That was a good stress test because you are using frames and
we didn't made any test with frames. Good news: It worked OK, the router did
its job and re-directed the processing to the right style engine. I guess,
we'll be on track for a release next week, just after IE 5.x release.

As you know, the previous style router and dsssl engine where packaged as a
MIME filter. However we faced a brick wall of silence and undocumented
features from Microsoft.
a) the transaction handler ask for an unknown and undocumented interface
when the document comes from the net (this interface is not required for
local files).
b) Even if we contacted Microsoft, we didn't got any answers on that. So we
have to conclude that this interface is an other Microsoft secret :-)

So we had to redo it, but this time as a document handler. Again we faced
several showstopper but creativity flowed ok and this time we found ways to
bypass IE limitations. It seems that this time, the XML/SGML document
handler is working OK with remote files (i.e. located on HTTP servers).

I'll try to pick a simple example and show three documents with style sheets
created in:
a) XSL
b) CSS
c) DSSSL

If possible, the three documents will be displayed the same way so that we
can really understand the different style scripts.

many thanks for your test files
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netfolder.com