Re: XSL Examples available

Subject: Re: XSL Examples available
From: "James Tauber" <jtauber@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 08:12:05 +0800

>One question though: in the sample (below) where you create the <BR>,
unless
>there is a trick I don't know about, it would be <BR/>. This is what I have
>been generating, the problem with it is that Netscape Navigator doesn't
know
>what to do with <BR/> and Internet Explorer does.

If the result namespace URI is http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40 then XT will
serialise the result tree to use the HTML (ie the SGML reference concrete)
syntax for empty element tags.

I will add this fact to my page.

James
--
James Tauber / jtauber@xxxxxxxxxxx / www.jtauber.com
Associate Researcher, Electronic Commerce Network

Full-day XML Tutorial @ WWW8 : http://www8.org/

Maintainer of : www.xmlinfo.com,  www.xmlsoftware.com and www.schema.net