Re: Simple API for XSL?

Subject: Re: Simple API for XSL?
From: Keith Visco <kvisco@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 12:13:15 -0500

A method with that accepted streams would probably be a good approach

#process(InputStream xmlInput, InputStream xslInput)

where xslInput could be null if the xmlInput refereced the stylesheet
using the stylesheet pi. If xslInput was not null, the processor should
use the given stylesheet regardless of any references in the xml
document.

I imagine those using SAX to read the XML document are reading it once
from the file and storing the document in a proprietary way in
memory...I could be way off-base here, but if this is the case then the
SAX approach you are indicating would be fairly tricky without some
level of collaboration or coordination on the way the document is being
stored.

--Keith

based approach would probably be a