Re: CSS and XSL

Subject: Re: CSS and XSL
From: Paul Prescod <paul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 16:11:56 -0600

"Simon St.Laurent" wrote:

> At 11:30 AM 2/12/99 -0600, Paul Prescod wrote:
> It's not too late to change CSS.  One proposal for doing so and making it
> more XML-friendly was put forward in http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-XSL-and-CSS,
> and certainly signaled a willingness to accomodate XML.  (No, it didn't
> include breaking up the style attribute.)

Yes it does.

<css:chunk display="block"
            font-weight="bold"
            margin-top="20px">

Is what I like.

<css:chunk style="display: block; font-weight: bold; margin-top:20px">

Is what I do not. My question is why the former XML-friendly convention
was not used in SVG?

> I was quite happy to see that SVG uses CSS as its style vocabulary,
> personally.

The vocabulary is fine. The syntax is not appropriate.
 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

If you spend any time administering Windows NT, you're far too familiar
with the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) which displays the cause of the
crash and gives some information about the state of the system when
it crashed.  -- "Microsoft Developer Network Magazine"