RE: Accessing XSL context - Was: RE: Question

Subject: RE: Accessing XSL context - Was: RE: Question
From: "Vun Kannon, David" <dvunkannon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 10:23:40 -0500

	Agreed. It's been my own experience that link-rich documents are
often the product of automated, database driven processes. If they are
created by hand there has to be an almost religious devotion to the job to
do right and completely. In some cases the devotion is actually religious -
the Jewish legal/religious corpus of the last 2000 years, from the Talmud
through the Shulchan Aruch and on to today's CD-ROMs, was linked by hand.
Several commentaries consist solely of out of line links.
	All that being said, humans do write links, just as they write HTML,
by hand occasionally. As ugly as URLs are, they write them out. I feel that
your example is a pretty clear one of a situation where hyperlinks are
involved (that was a "methodREF" tag, after all). If you're writing
documents in Notepad, you've got to bite the bullet on syntax.
Cheers,
David vun Kannon
Manager, Financial Services Consulting
KPMG LLP