RE: XSL dependency to SGML apps

Subject: RE: XSL dependency to SGML apps
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 17:31:24 -0500

Hi Chris,

<Your comment>
It's a note.  It's non-normative.  It suggests that, if a given
(unspecified) application wishes to instantiate the result tree as
something other than XML, it might be a good idea to use the result
namespace to drive that.  For example, if the result namespace is that
of HTML 4.0, then using HTML 4.0's recommended serialization (an HTML
4.0 document) would be appropriate.  If the result namespace is
recognized as using element type names derived from LaTeX's document
class, then offering the user an option to serialize as LaTeX might
make sense.

<Reply>
Thanx for the precision that it is a note. But nonetheless it gives clues
how to output HTML or XML alternative formats like, you said, LaTex and
therefore bring more info about how we could merge DSSSL and XSL style sheet
models. We are also exploring why and how to use this provision.

Regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netfolder.com