XML spec DTD [was: Re: XSL practice]

Subject: XML spec DTD [was: Re: XSL practice]
From: Paul Grosso <pgrosso@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 1999 12:41:27 -0600

At 11:15 1999 01 31 -0500, Didier PH Martin wrote:
>I someone want to create a XSL style sheet for XML specs here are the links
>where you can get the XML document, the DTD and the DTD doc.
>
>XML 1.0 Specs: http://www.w3.org/TR/1998/REC-xml-19980210.xml
>Spec DTD: http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-xml-names-19990114/spec.dtd
>Spec DTD documentation (very well done, I should say):
>http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/06/xmlspec-report-19980910.htm

By way of information, the URL you show for the documentation
is correct, but you should note that the latest spec DTD is at:

  http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/06/xmlspec-19980910.dtd

The DTD whose URL you give has been modified and may well
better reflect the structure of the REC-xml-19980210.xml
document itself, but this is not the actual official DTD.

(In fact, I'm surprised that this modified DTD was done by
modifying the official DTD--without changing the introductory
comment therein that gives modification dates and an FPI--referred
instead of taking advantage of redefining parameter entities that
were put into the DTD precisely for that purpose.)

paul