Match pattern

Subject: Match pattern
From: "Oren Ben-Kiki" <oren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 18:31:47 +0200

I tried matching a node if it had at least one direct child of some type. I
wrote:

<xsl:template match="./SomeElement">

But XT reported that this is not a match pattern. The WD specified that
MatchExpr is the same as SelectExpr, and that it matches when the expression
returns true if evaluated in the node's context; I took it to means that if:

<xsl:template match="*">
    <xsl:if test="some-test">
    </xsl:if>
</xsl:template>

works, then its OK to use "some-test" as a match pattern. For this test it
isn't OK. Is this an XT bug or am I missing something here? Is there an
alternative way to write the match pattern?

Have fun,

    Oren Ben-Kiki