Re: GOTCHA!

Subject: Re: GOTCHA!
From: Guy_Murphy@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 10:00:58 +0000

Hi Oren.

For output JScript I've been using what MS recommends ie.,

          //<xsl:comment>
          <![CDATA[
               ...Script...
          ]]>
          //</xsl:comment>

...which seems to work fine for the IE5b2 parser. Not sure how it would
fare for XT.

Cheers
     Guy.

xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on 01/13/99 04:29:22 AM

To:   xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:    (bcc: Guy Murphy/UK/MAID)
Subject:  GOTCHA!

For all those who are fighting against the restriction that XSL processors
will emit only valid XML, here's a way out which works at least for XT. I'd
be very interested to know whether it works in other processors and whether
it is a valid trick (it probably isn't).
Suppose you have a rule which goes:
<xsl:template match="...">
<xsl:comment> --&gt;
Whatever I damn please, including &lt;, &amp;!!!
&lt;!-- </xsl:comment>
</xsl:template>
Running this through XT will emit:
<!-- -->
Whatever I damn please, including <, &!!!
<!-- -->
[SNIP]