Re: More entity confusion and my opinion on the right way

Subject: Re: More entity confusion and my opinion on the right way
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 09:33:48 GMT

> Chris Olds is absolutely right, and the .pen files look like valid
> XML.  The only question remaining is: why ".pen"?

I was just trying to follow what seemed to be an existing convention.
The page does say at the top:

The extensions attatached to the files match the conventions described
at http://www.altheim.com/specs/ents/, specifically:

.gml
    SDATA 'square bracketed' strings;
.ent
    CDATA numeric character references (not used here)
.pen
    XML-compatible Unicode numeric character references

I have no idea what the `p' in .pen is supposed to mean:-)

David