RE: The XSL-List Digest V1 #228

Subject: RE: The XSL-List Digest V1 #228
From: "Freed, Erik" <freed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 10:28:30 -0800

I would like to respond to Ed Nixon who I think is right on when
he says:

>On another level, it may be that those with a professional stake -- and
that
>seems to be a very wide spectrum of interests -- in what is happening
in W3C
>just want them to get on with it and get it finished...in a way that
all of the
>money bags consortium members find mutually agreeable. In a way that
allows for
>some consensus, rather than replicating or promulgating their marketing

>department/MBA-style wet dreams of success.

I am one of those who is using XSL for a product that I am hoping to
have see the light of
day as soon as possible. (That is why I do not usually post to this
list). I see what W3/MS
has in place as being acceptable for my product, perhaps even overkill,
and am just scared that
somewhere in the merger of the DOJ with anti-MS forces, XSL will become
a complex battlefield instead of what
really succeeds in this world: a 'good-enough', available, and high
quality product. Keep it simple!

just my thoughts,

erik