RE: Advice needed on relating XSL pattern rules to XML instance/m eta data

Subject: RE: Advice needed on relating XSL pattern rules to XML instance/m eta data
From: "Vun Kannon, David" <dvunkannon@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 09:06:00 -0500

>From your message, it sounds to me as if you have not clearly distinguished
your objective - whether to show the structure of a document instance or the
structure implied by the DTD. XSL and XSchema (your Approach 3) seem to be
your only chance if you are really interested in the metadata. As to why XSL
can't process DTDs, I think you are asking too much, like asking for a
compiler that understands C and Pascal.
Cheers,
David vun Kannon