Quiet plea: Turn off HTML before posting to the list?

Subject: Quiet plea: Turn off HTML before posting to the list?
From: keshlam@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 09:34:49 -0500

Please pardon my petting a peeve in public <grin/>, but...

In the last digest, it felt like a third of the space was consumed by the
multiple-posting mail loop, which we can't do a huge amount about... and
another third by HTML replicas of posts, which we _can_ solve by simply
turning off that feature before hitting the send key.

If you absolutely need rich-text in order to illustrate something, that's
fine. But in most cases, especially for something like XML that's
text-based, it really doesn't add anything to your message. It more than
doubles the bandwidth you're consuming. And it's a Real Pain to scroll past
in the digest; a one-screen note followed by eight screens of markup is
somewhat frustrating.

Just a personal request. If the group disagrees, I'll manage.