Re: Beginners question: Koala XSL-Engine and

Subject: Re: Beginners question: Koala XSL-Engine and <xsl:process select>
From: "Oren Ben-Kiki" <oren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 20:47:30 +0200

Paul Prescod <papresco@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Wrote:

>Oren Ben-Kiki wrote:
>>
>> I took it to mean the ability to enhance a pattern such that it would
match
>> a particular (set of?) processing instruction - that is, a particular
>> instance of 'process-children' and the like.
>
>process-children is not a processing instruction. Processing instruction
>has a very precise meaning in the XML world. See
>
>http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-XML

My mistake - I neglected my XML terminology.  Sorry for the confusion. I
hope I got it right this time:

The "pattern-pi-target" issue refers to matching processing instructions in
the original XML document;
Matching "process-*" instructions in the XSL document (which are not
"processing instructions" :-) falls under the "modes" issue and possibly
under the "local-constants" issue.

Thanks for the clarification.

    Oren Ben-Kiki