Re: Beginners question: Koala XSL-Engine and

Subject: Re: Beginners question: Koala XSL-Engine and <xsl:process select>
From: Tyler Baker <tyler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 13:10:37 -0400

Martin Bernauer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a XML document containing the following lines:
>
> <collection>
>         <a>aaa</a>
>         <b>bbb</b>
>         <c>ccc</c>
> </collection>
>
> and a XSL document that contains:
>
> <xsl:template match="collection">
>         <P>
>         <xsl:process select="c"/>
>         <xsl:process select="b"/>
>         <xsl:process select="a"/>
>         </P>
> </xsl:template>
>
> When I run the Koala XSL-engine with those two files i get the output "aaabbbccc" but actually the output should be "cccbbbaaa" shouldn't it? What's wrong?
>
> thanks, Martin

I have not seen the rest of your stylesheet and source tree, but it looks like what is happening is that collection is your root element and the XSL Processor
is looking for a RootPattern match (e.g. '/' ) and not finding it and then processing according to the default template rule.

One thing even I am not sure of is what the XSL Processor is supposed to do for template conflict resolution for the root node.  In other words:

<xsl:template match="/">
</xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="collection">
</xsl:template>

are actually equivalent in this case.  For your particular problem if collection is your root element, then try using a single RootPattern as your match value
and see what happens.

Regards,

Tyler